With coronavirus rampaging around the world, nothing is certain at the moment except that daily life is about to be a whole lot different. With many businesses shutting their doors and public health officials imploring us to stay home and socially isolate ourselves, many of us are going to have a lot of time on our hands.
How should we fill it?
Class Central taps into Coursera courses and has a list of nearly 500 free online courses offered by Ivy League universities online. Not only will they fill up large swaths of time, they’ll also help you emerge from this crisis a little smarter than when it started.
Generally speaking, Coursera courses are free to “audit” but if you want to access graded assignments or earn a Course Certificate, you will need to pay.
When you sign up for these courses, you would see an option of “Full Course, No Certificate.” But for courses that are part of the new model, and are free, you need to select the “audit” option.
There are classes on just about anything you can imagine, from Greek myths to classical music, but here’s an example of some that might be of particular interest in our industry:
- Customer Insights: Quantitative Techniques from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Creativity, Innovation, and Change from Pennsylvania State University
- Advertising and Society from Duke University
- The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know from University of Michigan
- Organizational Analysis from Stanford University
- Customer Insights: New Product Development Orientation from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science (part 1) from Harvard University
- Gamification from University of Pennsylvania
- Introduction to Corporate Finance from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania,
- Paleontology: Theropod Dinosaurs and the Origin of Birds from University of Alberta (Just saving that one for me! – Ed.)
Check out lots more here.
Adapted from an original article at Source: https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/500-free-online-courses-from-ivy-league-schools.html