What was the marketing promotion that drove the most ROI within the last 12 months?
Today, marketers are inundated with new bells and whistles claiming to drive more revenue, engage players or be the next big craze. I am always interested in learning about these new solutions and tactics to drive business. However, researching these new marketing services and promotional products can become overwhelming. And, sometimes, testing too many new ideas may lead us away from the tried and true promotions that are working.
The experts at Raving Consulting outline their Top 10 Tips to create successful grand prize draw that has relevance to clubs in Australia. Club badge draws and major prize one-off draws continue to be the strongest ROI events for marketers driving foot traffic into venues.
Tips to create a successful grand prize drawing at your casino:
- Keep it simple. If it is too difficult to qualify or understand how it works, players will opt out.
- Create ways for the guests to interact with the drawing. Anytime players can spin a wheel, solve a puzzle or become active in the giveaway, the more excitement it will create.
- Identify the desired outcomes of the giveaway. Do a pro and post-forma to see if it worked. In addition, consider performing player research periodically to gain further input on the specific elements your player’s desire.
- If you are giving away a large prize, consider giving the winner the option of selecting a cash prize of lesser value. This keeps those players who aren’t interested in a new boat from not participating at all.
- Create a marketing promotion calendar to prevent layering of promotions. Too many conflicting giveaways is costly and can cause guest confusion.
- Create a clear set of rules. This should include a clear deadline for qualification.
- Allow all cardholders to participate. This creates venue buy-in and values guests for their total worth at your property.
- Vary how entries are issued. Virtual drawings are effective and easier to control and track. However, sometimes paper drawings for smaller giveaways are well received and the player engagement process is more personalized.
- Maximize your social media reach. Make sure players can truly interact with your promotion by sharing photos and tagging posts.
- Use the promotion to test new marketing tools. For example, add ways to earn entries through gamification platforms on your website. Additionally, players can earn extra entries, and, at the same time, you get to analyse your player engagement on your site.
Abridged version of an article by: Deana Scott, Raving CEO
For the full story click here: https://betravingknows.com/weekly-reports/marketing-loyalty/2019/05/creating-successful-casino-grand-prize-drawing/