This year marks some important changes in the Australian wagering industry. Secure your seat at Gaming, Racing & Wagering Australia (GRWA) and hear from industry experts on two of the most significant topics this year.
Consumer protection and harm minimisation…
Last April, the Minster or Human Services, Alan Tudge announced “the milestones” for the national consumer protection framework. A national self-exclusion register, a ban on the industry lines of credit and the formation of a national gambling research model are among some of the confirmed measurements. GRWA panellists will give you a 360° perspective on this new framework and key results from in-depth industry studies.
- Dylan Pickering, PhD Candidate & Research Assistant, Gambling Treatment & Research Clinic, The University of Sydney
- Sarah Stewart, General Manager – Risk & Compliance, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
The regulatory mess surrounding the Australian tax regulations related to online wagering…
On 1st July 2017, the South Australian government introduced the “point-of-consumption tax” to claw back some of the gambling tax revenue it saw disappear over the border. Different industry players have been speculating over the last months about the plausible different impacts on the industry. Hear from GRWA panellists 45 days after the introduction of the “point-of-consumption-tax” and the impact of this new tax so far on the industry.
- Ben Blaschke, Managing Editor, Inside Asian Gaming
- Dini Soulio, Commissioner, Liquor & Gambling Commission – South Australia
- David Ford, Deputy Director-General, Liquor, Gaming and Fair Trading Department of Justice and Attorney-General
View the updated GRWA agenda here >> http://gamingdownunder.com/agenda/