Building on the success of earlier games, in August IGT will release Fortune Palace-Imperial Prince and Fortune Palace-Imperial Princess. Each of the games has their own unique maths and are based on the low denomination 1c Fortune Charm and 1c Fortune Coin entertainment-style games that were so popular with regular players. In the new Fortune Palace games, the addition of a 1c, 2c, 5c and 10c bet option increases the demographic range of the game to higher tier players. The SAP ($500) and Link ($1000) levels, along with two bonus values are designed to be low, rapid hitting jackpots, that add entertainment value for players of all levels and appeal to jackpot shoppers.
The games offer some features sure to interest regular players:
- While playing, ‘gold ingot’ symbols in the game awards instant prizes of credits, a free game feature, or a jackpot playoff.
- During the free game feature all the royals are removed, leaving only the higher paying symbols.
- When a doorway symbol lands on the screen it opens to reveal a credit prize to the player, with gold ingot symbols transforming to free game, bonus, and progressive level prizes.
- Players can progress through to a “pick a coin” game that awards the progressive and bonus prizes by adding to a visual counter below the grand, major, minor, or mini prizes as they turn the coins.
- Special “Boost” coins symbols increase the jackpot levels.
- If a player turns 3 coins of the same prize value, they win that level.
The feature play is entertaining enough for smaller players, but also quick for regular punters who don’t like waiting for a feature win.
The original Fortune Coin and Fortune Charm games, as 1c only games, were a good fit with the regular lower tier player who enjoyed the low hit rate and the rapid-fire lower jackpot levels. With the addition of the 1c, 2c, 5c and 10c denomination choice, Fortune Palace-Imperial Prince and Fortune Palace-Imperial Princess will allow higher bets and the games are moved into a new and wider category of higher tier players.
With the fast-hitting SAP ($500) and link ($1000) levels on these games they will work effectively in either indoor or outdoor gaming areas and will suit jackpot shoppers. Importantly for clubs in these times, the jackpot levels are still low enough that the level of exposure to jackpot hits is limited.
The original Fortune Charms and Fortune Coins achieved strong results based on MAX performance charts as 1 cent only games. With the extra denominations, Asian theme and standout red/gold graphics, the performance levels of both new games, Fortune Palace-Imperial Prince and Fortune Palace-Imperial Princess, are expected to increase well beyond the level of the base games.