1. Your name, your club and your position.
Gary Boyd. Club Matto (Matraville RSL Club)-Assistant General Manager
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
I’m from the old school and the transition to computers and electronic media was an experience and challenge which I conquered.
3. What have been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
I have been at Matto for 35 years. I started as a tray waiter in the dining room and am now Assistant General Manager. That’s an achievement! I have had many highlights seeing the Club transform over the years and meeting so many people and being part of the Club’s Journey until now.
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
Listen to your customers, community and staff.
5. Outside of the club and your role there, do you have any hobbies or passions tell us a bit about you?
I’m 61, love fishing, golf, and cruises. I enjoy time with my family.
I am a JP and enjoy meeting people from the community.