1. Your name, your club and your position.
Answer: Guy Chapman Club Catalina General Manager
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the Club and your role?
Even though I am very fortunate to work at a beautiful golf course, not getting the time to play and mix with the members is a challenge.
But I think this is pretty standard for most GM’s in similar roles.
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
. Implementation of Strategic and Master Plans
. Currently in the process of a Course improvement Plan for our 27 hole facility
. Solar – 99kW
. The recent completion of the building of our Terrace, View Deck and improvements to the Pro Shop surrounds, including a designated golf cart parking bay adjacent to the Pro Shop
. 15th Hole Re-Design that is currently in progress.
. Record profit for the Club during the last financial year 2017/18.
. Implementation of a Member Reward Program
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
“Just Do It”
Do your home-work, rely on your experience and trust your instincts.
Empower those around you.
5. Outside of the club and your role there. Do you have any hobbies or passions.. tell us a bit about you?
Have a young family so every bit, and I mean every bit, of time is spent with them endeavouring to keep the family unit, a loving, functioning and sane unit.
Golf – mainly aligned with Corporate golf days now.
Weekend trips down to the beach, with kayak during the summer months.
Reading – at night when I need to put myself to sleep
Coffee – lots of coffee. I love coofffeeee.