1. Your name, your club and your position.
Michael Webb – Tennant Creek Memorial Club, better known as ‘The Memo’ – General Manager
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
Keeping the Club fresh and interesting
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
Bringing stability to Members and reducing costs and expenditures
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
Believing in your abilities, be committed, be ready to put your hands to everything and be willing to learn. Overall communication is key to all successful business.
5. Outside of the club and your role there, do you have any hobbies or passions… tell us a bit about you?
Cooking I find to be relaxing, reading books from sci-fi to history books, playing strategy games are just few things I do outside of work, apart from sleeping!
6. Do you have any claims to fame? eg someone famous has visited the club, or you served a celebrity?
My claim to fame is that after only been in the hospitality industry for 6 years I made the position of General Manager overseeing a multi-function pub with accommodation, caravan park, motel rooms, a la carte restaurant and pub. I have currently been in the industry for 12 years.