1. Your name, your club and your position.
Morgan Stewart, CEO of Club Taree
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
I’ve invested time in working with the board to have not only an agile strategic plan but then actually implementing those directional changes in our business. Talking about change is easy. Actually changing is difficult.
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
Our income diversity away from gaming revenue is alive and underway with the construction of a $2M Tabatinga Indoor Recreation Centre focusing on our next generation of customers, women.
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
Learn the language of finance and your numbers as quickly as you can. Finance for Non Financial Managers is a critical certificate to hold. Then practically apply it in your business. Start small then go large.
5. Outside of the club and your role there. Do you have any hobbies or passions.. tell us a bit about you?
I’m an RSL Member and joined the Australian Army two years ago as an Officer of Army Cadets with 28ACU Manning Valley to work with our young people. I’m also a keen golfer playing off 15.
6. Do you have any claims to fame? Eg someone famous has visited the club, you served a celebrity? Etc
I met a lot of celebrities when I ran the Endeavour Room (now Sovereign Room) at the Star in the early 2000’s but Will Smith was a favourite as he sung/rapped along to the elevator music…