1. Your name, your club and your position.
Shane Globits, Club North Haven, Assistant Secretary Manager
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
Renovations, without a doubt. We completed a $3.5m renovation just prior to Christmas 2017. Juggling the build with the day to day running of the club, and liaising with members to stem the inevitable downturn in revenue, was very trying. In the end it was well worthwhile and the Club is running at an all-time high.
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
Since joining Club North Haven in 2011 I have moved through different areas of management to where I am today. Making the market decision to change the name of the club from North Haven Bowling & Recreation Club to Club North Haven has been one of my highlights as it created more interest in our club and a different demographic. We now enjoy a more family orientated atmosphere and have more diversity in our revenue streams. I believe that this was one of the catalysts which allowed us to be in a position to make our next bold move which was the fore mentioned renovations.
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
Always look forward, plan and prepare for the ebbs and flows of business and be prepared to make the hard decisions.
5. Outside of the club and your role there. Do you have any hobbies or passions…tell us a bit about you?
I enjoy my family time. I have three children that are growing up way too fast, so every extra minute I get to spend with them is like gold.