The Drop was launched in 2015 by its founders, Justine Channing (Gaming Specialist), Danielle Rayner (GSL – Customer Loyalty Specialist) and Linda Joannides (Marketing Specialist). All three principals had 20-30 years of background each in the gaming and hospitality industry working for clubs, hotels, casinos, restaurants, manufacturers and industry associations.
With such long experience in the industry they recognised an opportunity to create a content-based service for industry news and specialist knowledge delivered through an online digital platform.
Ongoing advertising support from many industry suppliers has enabled The Drop to remain a free knowledge and industry information service for managers across Australia.
Here are some interesting stats on where, when, who and why fellow managers are reading The Drop
- The free weekly newsletter is delivered to over 8,500 subscribers.
- These subscribers forward The Drop newsletter to other members of their organisations producing a readership of over 30,000
- An interactive website www.thedrop.com.au holds the archived content in the “drop goss” tab, industry news from the CMAA ClubIQ issues, as well as educational content on the IGT gaming academy sponsored page
- Stats show that most “opens” of The Drop newsletter occur between 7:30am and 11:30am each Wednesday.
- Over 65% of subscribers from clubs, hotels and casinos are senior and executive level managers from all business units: marketing, gaming, operations, food and beverage and HR
- 54% of managers read The Drop on their desktop and 46% on mobile devices.
- 70% of readers are from Clubs, 22% from pubs, 2% from Casinos and around 6% are industry suppliers
- In 2019, readership grew by 44%. Most subscribers are Australian, with growing interest from international markets, particularly USA
Are you interested in advertising in the Drop?
Judy Rayner is the Sales Representative for The Drop. A familiar face in the Gaming and Hospitality Industry for over 36 years, Judy Rayner and her team at Rayner Sales & Marketing are known to many suppliers and industry executives through her long-term connection with Australasia’s leading industry trade expo, the Australasian Gaming Expo (AGE 2021).