The results are in from the Women in Gaming & Hospitality Australasia annual industry survey conducted earlier this year. This survey provides insights into entry, retention and advancement of women in the industry.
- Females felt a lack of gender diversity in senior leadership was a barrier to career progression
- A perception gap exists, where males do not see or identify the gender issues in the workplace.
- Women do not strategically enter the industry, it ‘just happens’
- Less than half of the respondents believe they will reach their desired level of seniority within the industry.
- 56% have indicated they have considered leaving their current role, with key reason for females being lack of pathway to promotion.
The survey indicates WGHA is important to the industry by:
- Being the Voice of the Industry on gender issues,
- Providing information and resources to the industry
- Advocating roles for women
The report shows WGHA needs to obtain greater reach and representation throughout Australia and New Zealand.
The full report is available on the WGHA website: https://wgha.org.au/research/